Essentially roller conveyors are a series of rollers ( normally made from stainless steel, mild steel, galvanised steel or plastic) supported within a steel frame where objects can be moved along the rotating rollers either manually, by gravity, or by power.
Roller conveyors can be used and modified for different uses including transporting crates, pallets, trays, boxes, plastic totes, polybags, etc and can be configured to work with a range of ancillary equipment including turntables, gates and bends.
With the fact that they are very useful at the movement and transporting of goods, Roller conveyors are normally used in environments such as warehouses, production or manufacturing facilities. A conveyor system or automation system can be developed by using a roller conveyor along with different types of transfers, diverters, and stops.
Due to their capabilities and adaptability Roller conveyor systems, are used widely in numerous industries, predominately logistics and manufacturing. Some of the industries roller conveyors are used in including the examples listed below:
- Food handling – where trays of product can be moved down the roller conveyor manually whilst operators at individual workstations then perform an operation ( picking / sorting). Or palletised goods can be transported and moved to a the next stage of processing or dispatch.
- Packaging – where individual products can be collated placed into packs , which can proceed down the conveyor to go into trays, to proceed down the production line and be palletised for shipping
- Logistics – where boxes and cartons can be moved to the relevant areas for shipping
- Manufacturing – where assemblies or work in progress can be moved down an assembly line
- Security – we have probably all experienced the security at an airport where hand luggage is place on a tray. This is then goes through a scanning machine and then the powered roller conveyor then transports checked trays to there owners and suspect trays to security
Roller conveyors designed and manufactured in Britain, installed throughout Europe
Free Conveyor System Technical Audit
Get In Touch For Advice And A Quotation