Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
To design conveyor systems, at Wrightfield we believe that a process of continual development is required to create optimal solutions. Continual development is something that allows us to design systems that are not only fit for purpose now, but that continue to be just as effective in the future too.
The process of designing a conveyor system typically involves the following steps:
- Identify the material to be conveyed: This includes determining the size, weight, and characteristics of the material, as well as any potential hazards associated with it.
- Determine the conveyor system requirements: This includes determining the conveyor’s capacity, speed, and length, as well as any special features that may be required, such as inclines, declines, or curves.
- Choose the appropriate conveyor type: Different types of conveyors, such as belt conveyors, roller conveyors, or chain conveyors, are better suited for different applications. The choice of conveyor type will depend on the material to be conveyed, the conveyor’s requirements, and any space or layout constraints.
- Design the conveyor: This includes creating a layout of the conveyor, determining the size and type of the conveyor components, and selecting the appropriate drive and control systems.
- Fabricate and assemble the conveyor: This includes cutting and welding the conveyor’s frame, attaching the conveyor’s components, and installing the drive and control systems.
- Test and commission the conveyor: This includes testing the conveyor to ensure that it meets the design requirements and that it is operating safely and efficiently. Any necessary adjustments or modifications are made at this stage.
Once the conveyor system is designed and installed, it is important to maintain it properly to ensure that it continues to operate safely and efficiently.
How We Continually Develop Our Conveyance Solutions
Continual development allows us to ensure that we are at the leading edge of identifying process improvements for our clients; a factor that, in turn, helps to keep them at the forefront of the food processing industry, increase productivity and, ultimately, increase profitability.
To ensure that we are able to do this, we keep abreast of all industry developments, we also require feedback from our customer base, which is something that we wholeheartedly encourage. Customer feedback gives us real life data with which we are able to ascertain invaluable insights into the areas of our processes that require further development, as well as those that are working effectively. The end goal is to create a comprehensive range of solutions that are comprised of individual components that have been finely tuned for the processes that they carry out.
Experienced Design Team
We are an engineering outfit that has more than 20 years’ experience in the food processing industry. During this time, our design team has built up a reputation for developing industry leading systems, approaches and equipment. Our team, which operates completely in house, is able to create solutions that are honed to the specific requirements of a client, and uses the latest in CAD and CAM processes.
Other Core Services
In addition to the design of conveyor systems, we offer a number of other, in house core services. These services include manufacture, installation, process improvement and after sales.