Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
EN 1090 is a set of European standards that specifies the requirements for the fabrication and assembly of steel and aluminium structures. These standards cover the technical requirements for the production of structural steelwork, including design, materials, fabrication, welding, and testing. To produce EN 1090 steelwork, the manufacturer must comply with the relevant sections of the standard and obtain certification from an accredited third-party inspection body.
This involves implementing a quality management system that conforms to the requirements of the standard, including:
- Design and specification: The design of the steelwork must be carried out by a competent engineer who has knowledge and experience in structural engineering. The materials used must conform to the relevant European standards.
- Fabrication: The steelwork must be fabricated using appropriate welding and cutting techniques, and the welding procedures must be qualified according to the standard. The manufacturer must have a system in place to ensure that the steelwork is properly inspected and tested at each stage of the fabrication process.
- Inspection and testing: The finished steelwork must be inspected and tested to ensure that it meets the requirements of the standard. This includes non-destructive testing of welded joints, visual inspections, and dimensional checks.
- Certification: Once the manufacturer has demonstrated compliance with the standard, they can obtain certification from an accredited third-party inspection body. This certification demonstrates that the steelwork meets the requirements of the standard and is safe for use in construction projects.
The production of EN 1090 approved steelwork requires adherence to strict standards and procedures to ensure the safety and quality of the finished product.
Wrightfield is an EN1090 Steelwork accredited company. This means that all of our work conforms with health, safety and environmental protections standards for products sold within the European Economic Area.
As an accredited company, we are able to manufacture a complete range of steelwork products, this includes fabrications and kits of parts manufactured from steel. These may be made from hot rolled or cold form materials; steel components used in composite steel; and steelwork structures such as buildings, bridges, highways and many other civil engineering structures.
We are an EN1090 accredited company with a huge wealth of experience and knowledge in the steelwork industry. We own our own a 26,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Suffolk in England.
Selecting the right EN1090 Steelwork Approved Company
When selecting an EN 1090 approved steelwork company, there are several key factors that you should consider to ensure that you choose a reputable and reliable provider. Here are some things to look out for:
- Certification: The company should have EN 1090 certification from an accredited third-party inspection body. This certification ensures that the company has implemented the necessary quality management systems to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Experience and expertise: Look for a company with experience in producing steelwork for projects similar to yours. The company should have a team of skilled and qualified engineers and fabricators who can ensure the quality and safety of the finished product.
- Facilities and equipment: Check that the company has the necessary facilities and equipment to carry out the fabrication and testing of steelwork to the required standards.
- Quality control: The company should have a robust quality control system in place to ensure that the steelwork is inspected and tested at each stage of the fabrication process.
- Customer service: Look for a company that is responsive to your needs and provides excellent customer service. The company should be willing to work with you to meet your project requirements and provide timely updates on the progress of the work.
- Price and delivery time: Consider the price and delivery time offered by the company, but be wary of companies that offer significantly lower prices or faster delivery times than their competitors. This could be a sign of inferior quality or inadequate safety measures.
By considering these factors, you can select an EN 1090 approved steelwork company that meets your project requirements and provides a high-quality and safe finished product.
Here in East Anglia, we carry out all steelwork processes in house. This includes design, manufacture and installation. Once a project has been completed, we also offer a comprehensive aftercare service.
By carrying out all processes in house, we are able to open up channels of communication between disparate departments and optimise interdepartmental collaboration.
This is a hugely significant factor that allows us to maintain the consistency of a central concept throughout a project.
It also ensures that we’re able to maximise efficiency for the entirety of a job, allowing us to meet deadlines no matter how complicated the brief.
Furthermore, by carrying out all processes pertaining to steelwork in house, it means that we are able to maintain extremely high levels of quality control throughout the duration of a project and beyond.