Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
Metal balustrades, also known as metal handrails, are a popular choice for both indoor and outdoor staircases, balconies, and decks. They provide a strong and durable barrier while also adding a decorative element to the space.
There are a variety of metal materials that can be used for balustrades, including stainless steel, aluminium, and wrought iron. Each material has its own unique properties and benefits, making them suitable for different types of applications.
Metal balustrades can be customized to fit any design style, from modern and contemporary to traditional and classic. In this article, we will explore the different types of metal materials used for balustrades, the benefits of using metal, and the various design options available.
A metal balustrade can help to offer protection in areas where falling would otherwise be a potential hazard. The metal structures may be fitted to stairs, mezzanines and platforms. Wrightfield provides a range of metal balustrades, each one individually tailored to meet the needs of a client. We discuss more about this very topic in the following post.
There are a number of key factors that should be considered when choosing a balustrade. These factors include aesthetics, load bearing and price. For instance, a high footfall area is likely to require a different design of balustrade to an area that has relatively little traffic.
We specialise in providing bespoke solutions and work closely with our clients to understand their individual needs. In this way, we are able to manufacture finely honed and efficient balustrades that fulfil the criteria of a given company.
The principal purpose of a balustrade is of course to provide support and protection. However, we also understand the importance of aesthetics and never neglect this aspect of a project. No matter how functional or industrial a structure, we always aim to design a solution that is as pleasing on the eye as possible. We use a range of materials during the manufacturing process and offer a spectrum of finishes. In this way, we are able to ensure that clients are able to find a product that suits their individual preferences.
We find that metal is a perfect fit when it comes to the manufacture of balustrades. The material is both durable and hard wearing, while it is also highly resistant against rust and other forms of corrosion. These factors combined ensure that your metal balustrade provides long term service.
Metal Balustrades – Find Out More
When specifying metal balustrades, there are a few key things to consider:
- Material: As mentioned before, different types of metal materials have their own unique properties and benefits. Stainless steel is durable, corrosion-resistant, and easy to maintain, making it a popular choice for outdoor and coastal applications. Aluminium is lightweight and low maintenance, making it suitable for indoor and residential use. Wrought iron is a traditional and elegant option, but it is less corrosion-resistant than stainless steel or aluminium.
- Load-bearing capacity: The balustrade must be able to support the weight of people leaning on it and also any wind load on the building. Make sure that the balustrade system you specify meets the load-bearing requirements for the space.
- Building codes and regulations: It is important to ensure that the balustrade system you specify meets all local building codes and regulations. This includes height requirements, spacing between balusters, and other safety standards.
- Design and style: Metal balustrades can be customized to fit any design style, from modern and contemporary to traditional and classic. Consider the overall design aesthetic of the space and choose a balustrade that complements it.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance required for the balustrade system you specify. Stainless steel and aluminum require less maintenance than wrought iron, which may require regular painting or rust prevention.
- Durability: Metal balustrades are durable and long-lasting, but not all metals are created equal. Stainless steel and aluminum are known for their durability and resistance to corrosion, while wrought iron may require more maintenance to prevent rusting.
- Cost: The cost of metal balustrades can vary depending on the material and design. Stainless steel and aluminum tend to be more expensive than wrought iron. It is important to consider the cost and choose a balustrade that fits within your budget.
Click on the following link if you would like to find out more information about metal balustrades, click here or this link for information on other stainless steel equipment manufactured by Wrightfield.