Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
Metal Juliette balconies are a popular architectural feature that adds elegance and charm to a building’s exterior. These balconies are typically made from steel or aluminum and are designed to be a decorative addition to a window or door. They are named after the famous balcony scene in Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet,” where the two main characters meet and confess their love for each other. In this article, we will take a look at their benefits and potential drawbacks.
There are a few potential drawbacks to consider when installing a metal Juliette balcony:
- Safety: While these balconies are typically not intended for use as an actual balcony, there is still a risk that someone could climb over the railing and fall. It’s important to make sure that the balcony is properly secured and that the railing is high enough to prevent this from happening.
- Weathering: Metal Juliette balconies are exposed to the elements and can be affected by rust and corrosion over time. This can be mitigated by using a weather-resistant metal such as aluminum or stainless steel, and by regularly maintaining and painting or coating the metal.
- Cost: Metal Juliette balconies can be more expensive than other types of balconies, particularly if custom-made.
- Installation: Installing a metal Juliette balcony can be a complex and time-consuming process, particularly if the building’s structure needs to be modified. It’s important to work with a professional contractor to ensure the installation is done correctly.
- Noise: Metal balconies may amplify noise from the outside, and can cause disturbance to the people inside.
- Maintenance: Metal balconies will require regular maintenance, such as painting or coating, to keep them looking good and prevent rust and corrosion.
In rooms above ground floor, full length windows can help to create a brighter airier feeling with in a room. However, at the same time, full length windows can present a number of health and safety issues, such as the danger of falling. So how can you negate these potential challenges and enjoy the best of both worlds?
Metal Juliet balconies can provide a safe, secure and aesthetic solution, we discuss further in the following post.
Perhaps the primary function of a metal balcony is that of safety. For this reason, the railings are made from hard wearing materials such as stainless steel. These materials ensure that the balconies are extremely robust and able to provide a requisite level of protection. The barriers are also very resistant to corrosion.
Range of Designs Available
Despite the high level of safety that the balconies offer, the visual aspect of the architectural features is also a key consideration. There are a variety of disparate options available, from decorative Victorian designs to more modern minimalist styles. This is ensures that a customer is able to find a product that suits their tastes and requirements.
Wrightfield is an expert engineering company that has vast experience in the design and manufacture of stainless steel structures, including metal Juliet balconies.
We offer bespoke solutions and will tailor the design and dimensions of a product around the needs of an individual customers.
We carry out all manufacturing processes in our own facility in Suffolk. Here, in the East of England, we are able to maintain extremely high levels of quality control.
In house processes also ensure that we are able to cut out middleman type costs and delays – ensure exceptional value products that are delivered on time and to budget.