Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
There are several important factors to consider when designing and implementing residential architectural steelwork:
- Load-bearing capabilities: The structural integrity of the steelwork must be able to support the weight of the building and its occupants, as well as any additional loads such as snow or wind.
- Durability: Residential steelwork must be able to withstand the elements and resist corrosion. Hot-dip galvanization or powder coating are some of the ways to protect steel from rust and corrosion.
- Aesthetics: The design of the steelwork should complement the overall aesthetic of the building and its surroundings.
- Cost-efficiency: The use of steel can be more cost-efficient than other materials, as it is lightweight and easy to work with, and also can be prefabricated in a factory and then assembled on site, which can save time and money.
- Safety: The steelwork must be designed and installed with safety in mind, and must meet all local building codes and safety regulations.
- Energy-efficiency: The steelwork can be designed to enhance the building’s energy efficiency, such as by incorporating insulation or using thermally broken steel sections.
- Flexibility: Steel can be easily modified or adapted to accommodate changes in the building’s layout or function, making it a versatile and adaptable material for residential architectural applications.
- Sustainable: Steel is a recyclable material, which makes it an environmentally friendly option for residential architectural steelwork.
Residential architectural steelwork deals with both standardised as well as tailored steel building for the house building sector. This includes the building of staircases, Wrightfield designs and manufactures both internal and external steel staircases. As well as the creation of staircases we also build the rail systems and accompanying balustrades allowing for a fully integrated design.
Residential architectural steelwork is the foundation for any residential building, providing the framework for the creation of any home. Wrightfield regularly completes complex architectural steelwork commissions allowing us to be a competitive force in steelworks.
Better by Design
Better by design is a phrase that, here at Wrightfield, we take very seriously. Our dedicated and experienced design team, who work with the latest modelling software, design and create the best residential architectural steelwork solutions. The team co-ordinates directly with architects and engineers on projects, to ensure the utmost quality in designs, we feel having a close working relationships with clients and contractors ensures the best possible results for all parties involved. This approach allows our team to create bespoke aesthetic features for a variety of different needs and design criteria.
Wrightfield is a company with a rich history in steelwork, as well as many other sectors from food production machinery to packaging. Residential architectural steelwork is one of many specialised areas that are focused on here at Wrightfield. All our architectural metal work is crafted at our factory in Eye, Suffolk, and installed by our highly proficient fabricators and erectors. We also follow EN 1090 European standards that regulate the fabrication and assembly of steel structures, meaning you can feel safe in the knowledge that all materials and assembly is carried out within the required safety and standards.