Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
A stainless steel balustrade is a functional and aesthetically pleasing fixture that can help to seal areas from which there is a danger of falling. These areas include stairs, mezzanines and platforms. At Wrightfield we manufacture a range of balustrades and offer a bespoke service. We discuss further in this post.
Which Balustrade is for You?
There are a number of factors that can influence the balustrade that you require. Common deciding factors include aesthetics, load bearing and price. At Wrightfield, we offer bespoke solutions and will work with you to help create a tailored stainless steel balustrade that meets your exact requirements. We can advise clients on building regulations relating to the installation of balustrades.
Form and Function
Although the primary purpose of a balustrade is a functional one, offering support and protection, our designs always aim to make even the most industrial and sturdy balustrade as aesthetically pleasing as possible. We use a range of materials and offer a spectrum of finishes, ensuring all customers are able to find a product that suits their preferences.
Design criteria for stainless steel balustrades
When designing stainless steel balustrades, some important criteria to consider include:
- Strength and durability: Stainless steel is a strong and durable material that can withstand the elements and everyday wear and tear. It should be able to support the weight of people leaning on it or falling against it.
- Corrosion resistance: Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion, but it can still be affected by certain environmental factors. It should be selected and treated accordingly to withstand the specific environment it will be installed in.
- Aesthetics: Stainless steel can be polished to a mirror-like finish, satin-finished, or given a brushed finish. It can be used in a variety of designs, so it can be incorporated into many different architectural styles.
- Code compliance: The balustrade should comply with local building codes and regulations, including height, spacing, and load-bearing requirements.
- Maintenance: Stainless steel is relatively low maintenance, but it should be cleaned and polished regularly to keep it looking its best.
- Cost: Stainless steel is more expensive than other materials, but it is worth the cost because of its strength, durability, and resistance to corrosion.
Steel is an extremely durable material that is strong, reliable and resistant to rust and other forms of corrosion. This is a factor that ensures that your balustrade offers long term service.
We are an engineering company with more than 20 years of industry experience. We supply stainless steel balustrades to companies throughout the UK, as well as internationally. We work with a range of clients, including architects, property developers, construction companies, hotels, leisure centres and health clubs.
In addition to technical expertise, we offer only the highest quality products and outstanding customer service. Through a combination of these factors, we are able to build long term, lasting working relationships with our customers that stand the test of time – just as our products do.