Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
What should you consider when designing and fitting stainless steel handrail
- Building codes and safety regulations: Make sure that the design and installation of the handrail comply with any local building codes and safety regulations.
- Material: Stainless steel is a durable and low-maintenance material that is resistant to corrosion and staining.
- Size and dimensions: Consider the size and dimensions of the handrail to ensure that it is comfortable to grip and appropriate for the space.
- Installation: Make sure that the handrail is securely attached to the wall or floor and can support the weight of people using it.
- Finish: Stainless steel handrails are available in a variety of finishes, such as polished or brushed. Consider the aesthetic of the space and the level of maintenance required.
- Lighting: Ensure that the handrail is well-lit and easy to see, particularly in low-light conditions.
- Accessibility: Consider the needs of people with disabilities and ensure that the handrail is easy to grip and use for people of all abilities.
- Durability: Stainless steel handrails are known for their durability. But factors such as the environment or usage can affect its longevity.
- Maintenance: Consider how easy the handrail is to clean and maintain to ensure it remains in good condition over time.
- Cost: Compare the cost of different types of handrails and consider the long-term costs of maintenance and replacement.
At Wrightfield, we design, manufacture and install a variety of industrial safety solutions, including a stainless steel handrail range. In this post we talk about the uses of stainless steel handrails and discuss the ways in which they can enhance your company.
A Safety Solution You Can Rely On
A stainless steel handrail is a durable, effective and reliable safety solution. Resistant to rust and other forms of corrosion, the hardy metal handrails help to protect from accidents by sealing areas from which people could otherwise fall or slip, such as platforms and stairs.
Our handrails can be incorporated into a number of other systems, including walkways, gangways, and mezzanines.
Although the primary purpose of a handrail is to protect, our designs always aim to make even the most industrial and functional handrails as aesthetically pleasing as possible. Our handrails help to personalise a bare looking space, representing a sophisticated looking protection solution. Our handrails are available in a range of finishes, including painted and galvanised.
We offer a bespoke service, ensuring that our stainless steel handrails are designed and built to suit your exact industrial requirements. As an EN 1090 company, we are able to design the supporting steelwork structure of handrails, including calculations to suit your specific locations, thus providing safe access. All designs and manufacturing comply with the planning consent and building regulations, to all relevant British standards and loadings.
We are a specialist engineering outfit with more than 20 years of experience. Our philosophy is Better by Design. With this mantra as a constant reference point, we are able to continually innovate our solutions to create the most efficient and effective designs.