Wrightfield are proud to be members of Made In Britain ( Membership Number: 1547 ) THE BEST…
Frequently Asked Questions on Modular Belt Conveyor Systems
1. Can modular belt conveyors be run on an incline?
This depend on your product but usually up to 45 degrees can be achieved without flights. Inclines grater than 45 degrees would need to be fitted with rubber flights.
2. Can the belt be replaced?
Replacing the belt is simple and can be done in minutes.
3. Do plastic belts need to be tracked?
There is no need for modular belts to be tracked.
4. Is it possible to accumulate on a modular belt conveyor?
Different materials are available from low friction to high grip depending on what your product is. The choice of belt is critical. Wrightfield engineers can advise on the best type for your application
5. Is modular belting flat?
It is usually supplied with a mesh type finish but can be flat.
6. Are modular belts more expensive than traditional belt conveyors?
They are a little more expensive but should out last a traditional belt conveyor, they are much easier to clean and significantly easier to replace than a flat belt.
7. What size modular belt conveyors do Wrightfield supply?
Our standard range is 100mm wide to 800mm wide but any width can be made, call our engineering team to discuss your requirements
8. Can flights be fitted?
Flights can be fitted from 20mm to 150mm and can be pitched at any distance.
9. Can a plastic belt conveyor go round corners?
Yes this is easily achievable.
10. Is it possible to transport raw food on this type of belt?
Most products are suitable on modular belt but it is vital to select the correct type of belt. One great advantage of plastic modular belts is they can be easily cleaned .
11. Do plastic modular belts stretch?
They can stretch by as much as 10% of their length so once bedded in the belt will need to be re-tensioned