Manufacture of large Chimney Stacks and Cyclones for herb production facility. Project: Camstar Herbs -…
Metal handrails are commonly used in factories as a safety feature to provide support and guidance for workers and equipment. They are typically made of durable materials such as steel or aluminum and can be designed to meet specific requirements for load-bearing capacity and corrosion resistance. Metal handrails are also used to protect workers from falling or tripping hazards, and can be installed on stairs, platforms, and other areas where additional support is needed. They can be custom-designed to fit the specific layout and needs of a factory.
When designing metal handrails for use in a factory, there are several key considerations to keep in mind:
- Safety: The handrails must be designed to provide a secure and stable grip for workers, and be able to support the weight of workers and equipment.
- Durability: The handrails must be made of durable materials that can withstand the wear and tear of regular use in a factory environment.
- Corrosion resistance: The handrails should be able to resist corrosion from exposure to industrial chemicals and other harsh conditions found in factories.
- Load-bearing capacity: The handrails should be able to support the weight of workers and equipment and be designed to meet specific load-bearing requirements.
- Compliance: The handrails must comply with relevant safety regulations and standards, such as OSHA and ANSI.
- Ease of installation: The handrails should be easy to install and maintain, with minimal downtime for the factory.
- Size and shape: The handrails should be designed to fit the specific layout and needs of the factory, including the size and shape of the handrails.
- Cost: The handrails should be cost-effective, and within the budget constraints of the factory.
- Aesthetics: The handrails should be designed to be aesthetically pleasing and integrate well with the overall design of the factory.
- Flexibility: The handrails should be designed to be flexible and adaptable to future changes in the factory environment.
Metal handrails are durable, effective and reliable safety solutions. The hardwearing units can help to prevent against accidents by sealing areas, such as a stairwell, that may otherwise present a falling hazard. At Wrightfield, we design and manufacture a comprehensive metal handrail range – as we discuss in the following post.
Safe and Sound
Metal is an extremely strong material, making it the perfect foil for a handrail. It has exceptional weightbearing properties ensuring it provides optimal safety levels. The material, when properly treated and galvanised, is also very resistant to corrosion, ensuring handrails made from it are able to provide long term service. Crucially, metal is also readily available and very cost effective.
The primary function of a metal handrail is safety; however, at Wrightfield, we don’t believe that this means the units should be industrial eyesores. Far from it in fact. We offer a range of aesthetic designs to ensure that you are able to find a solution that not only meets your needs but also your tastes.
Just like a handmade suit fits much better than one straight from the rack, we believe that a bespoke handrail suits the needs of a client much better than a one size fits all solution. Therefore, we take a range of factors into consideration into consideration when designing a handrail, this includes price, load bearing, aesthetics
We hold EN 1090 certification and all of our designs and manufacturing comply with the planning consent and building regulations of all relevant British standards and loadings. All processes are carried out in house, negating middleman type costs and delays. This ensures that we’re able to deliver exceptional quality products on time and on budget.